Building druntime on MAC OS X

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Sat Nov 16 12:45:56 PST 2013

On Saturday, 16 November 2013 at 20:25:01 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Saturday, 16 November 2013 at 06:47:39 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> The recent switch to clang on 10.9 as the reason seemed to
>> make sense, as I've run into a similar issue with clang
>> before.  But after googling a little bit and looking at the
>> error, maybe the problem is a new linker in OS X 10.9?
>> Assuming we've always been passing --export-dynamic to the
>> linker, I don't see why it would start failing now, unless the
>> GNU ld from binutils has been swapped out.
>>

> Yes I was able to revert GCC to actually be GCC, but ld is
> still the apple thing.

I took a look at the source for their linker and it doesn't
appear to have changed in 10.9 after all, assuming I'm looking in
the right place: ;)

http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/cctools/cctools-845/ld/

It looks like the problem was that he was using the install
target on OS X, where it isn't supported.