DIP 50 - AST macros

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Nov 17 01:13:04 PST 2013

On 11/14/2013 2:06 PM, deadalnix wrote:
> You can't argue that string mixin is good while AST macro is bad.

True, but you also cannot argue that since D has string mixins it must also have
AST macros.

What macros do is bless, encourage, and make inevitable a particularly abusive
style of programming. D already has super powerful metaprogramming abilities
that we are far from exploring the limits of. I don't think we should be adding
on even more that experience has shown goes quickly out of control.