Look and think good things about D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Nov 17 03:34:13 PST 2013

SomeDude:

> I have a task if you are interested, but I didn't bother to
> login to create it.
> So if you like, you can create the page...

It's better to discuss this in D.learn, where most of Rosettacode
matters are discussed. I opened this in the main newsgroup to see
if someone was willing to post it to Reddit.

> In a sequence of a million random integers, return the length
> and the indexes of the longest duplicate sequence (display
> indexes counting from one, not zero).

If you write a first version of D solution I can post task
description and its D solution in the Rosettacode site. I will
later make improvements in your code, to make it more uniform
with the other entries, etc.

> In order for everybody to start with the same random sequence,
> it may be useful to specify a simple implementation for the
> generating function.

What function do you suggest? (It should be possible to implement
on 32-64bit systems, in Haskell, in languages with only
multi-precision integers, in languages like Ada that give errors
on overflows, and in Java without unsigned integers).

Bye,
bearophile