dmd 2.064

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Nov 18 13:14:15 PST 2013

On 2013-11-18 16:58, seany wrote:
> i dont want to install them,  but keep them in my local home drive, like
> i have now, without any systemwide change, and the dvm page seem to
> incate that it only works for 32 bit?

DVM installs the compilers and itself in ~/.dvm. On Windows it's
somewhere in the user's home directory (can't recall exactly where right
now). DVM only ships 32bit pre-compiled binaries. Any 64bit system can
run 32bit binaries. By default it will install 32bit compilers. Use the
--64bit flag to install the 64it compiler.

> I just wanted to give dmd 2.064 a test ride.

That's exactly what DVM is for. It's easy to install new compilers and
give them a try. They won't interfere with each other.

--
/Jacob Carlborg