try/catch idiom in std.datetime

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Nov 19 10:29:57 PST 2013

On 11/19/13 8:07 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-11-19 16:56, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>
>> You're not operating with the correct definitions of "expression" and
>> "statement".
>
> I would consider this a statement:
> https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep/blob/master/dstep/translator/Translator.d#L285..L286

Sure is.

> And this an expression:
> https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep/blob/master/dstep/translator/Translator.d#L288

That's not an expression, it's a statement - more precisely an
expression statement. (The semicolon makes it so.) By the rules you
incorrectly stated, there should be an empty line after it.

I'll allow myself a piece of advice - the density of e.g.
https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep/blob/master/dstep/translator/Translator.d#L251
is low enough to make it career limiting. You'd do good to change your
style.

Andrei