Building druntime on MAC OS X

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Nov 21 05:56:06 PST 2013

On 2013-11-21 13:43, Andrew Edwards wrote:

> I have.

So, why don't you use that instead of creating a completely new script?

> I've looked at this. But what we have assumes that there is already a
> zip file present, fetches the zip and from that generates the an
> installer. My understanding is that the intent is to build the installer
> directly form the source on guthub. If my understanding is correct, then
> it either requires me to get the source and build it myself or have the
> the auto tester do the building and subsequently generating the
> installer. As I understand it, the second option is the desired desired
> state.
>
> If my understanding is incorrect. I would appreciate clarification.

Yes, it would be preferred if it was built from source. But the solution
is not to start from scratch and create a completely new script. As I
said, use what we already have. If that's not working as we want it to,
then we change it to do that.

You're missing several things when building the installer.

BTW, if you're able to figure out how to build the Mac OS X installer on
Linux Walter would appreciate it. I failed to do that.

--
/Jacob Carlborg