D vs Go in real life

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Nov 21 13:36:28 PST 2013

On 11/21/13 1:16 PM, Gary Willoughby wrote:
> On Thursday, 21 November 2013 at 16:23:07 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Fortunately a lot has changed since :o).
>
> Please, do tell. ;)

Not much that people don't know already. We have one solid D project
installed and a couple of heavy-hitting engineers have started using D
for scripts and tools (e.g. replacing Python for a 2x speedup for the
same source code size/complexity). Walter and I are working on a second
large project, which is quite likely to be a hit. The bug bounty is an
obvious nod of interest. Things are happening. At this point focusing on
making D solid and reliable is the best thing to do.

Andrei