Protocols vs Concepts?

Shammah Chancellor anonymous at coward.com
Thu Nov 21 16:17:10 PST 2013

On 2013-11-21 16:13:31 +0000, Dejan Lekic said:

>> Having this in phobos would be really helpful!   If there is interest
>> in this, I'll write a template up and submit it to phobos.
>>
>> -Shammah
>
> Why not simply make your own repo somewhere (Gitorious, GitHub,
> Savannah, etc) and once you are done just announce it at here so we can
> try it? Or, alternatively, write a DIP for it (http://wiki.dlang.org).

Because I currently do not use concepts explicitely anywhere in my
Code..  I watched the talk and thought it was an awesome idea.   I'm
not going to invest the effort for something I am not currently using
if everyone else thinks the idea is not useful enough to be part of the
standard library.   If and when I need to start using concepts more, I
would implement a generic template for it, rather than the explicite
one.

Additionally,  I left active participation in the D community about
five years ago due to life circumstances -- and only recently rejoined.
 I am not familiar with the DIP procedures.

-Shammah