D vs Go in real life

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 18:46:31 PST 2013

On Friday, 22 November 2013 at 02:25:22 UTC, SomeDude wrote:
>> That is because Go doesn't force anyone to think about design.
>> The only design-level construct it has is the class an that's
>> it.
>
> That actually makes it a good first language to learn
> programming (and also bad programming). Simplicity is appealing.

Or a second language. Simple to learn makes it easy for one of
any skill to pick it up.

I don't think any language forces one to think about design. Go
just removes design options. D allows for the same quick fix, but
it makes it 100x easier to work that quick fix into a design.

I'm not a fan of object oriented programming. Its strength is its
weakness. It provides structure, structure is resistant to
change. Change is what we do, problems come from change.