D vs Go in real life

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 23:45:06 PST 2013

On Thursday, 21 November 2013 at 21:36:28 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 11/21/13 1:16 PM, Gary Willoughby wrote:
>> On Thursday, 21 November 2013 at 16:23:07 UTC, Andrei
>> Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> Fortunately a lot has changed since :o).
>>
>> Please, do tell. ;)
>
> Not much that people don't know already. We have one solid D
> project installed and a couple of heavy-hitting engineers have
> started using D for scripts and tools (e.g. replacing Python
> for a 2x speedup for the same source code size/complexity).
> Walter and I are working on a second large project, which is
> quite likely to be a hit. The bug bounty is an obvious nod of
> interest. Things are happening. At this point focusing on
> making D solid and reliable is the best thing to do.
>
> Andrei

Just reiterating a common point:

We have a smattering of things that need fixing that involve
breakage. Surely we should make said changes now, not later?
Or is it implicit in what you're saying that things like rvalue
ref, property etc. are now won't-fix until D3 or whatever comes
next?