Review of std.signal

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Fri Nov 22 04:27:48 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 19 November 2013 at 07:10:32 UTC, Robert wrote:
> I changed the string mixin now to take an enum instead of the
> string for specifying the protection. You convinced me, it is
> just nicer.
>
>  https://vhios.dyndns.org/dlang.org/web/phobos/std_signal.html
>
> https://github.com/phobos-x/phobosx/blob/master/source/phobosx/signal.d
>
> I will also look into improving documentation a bit soon.
>
> Best regards,
> Robert
>
>> Robert, it will be great to see some more documentation for
>> `std.signal`.
>> For example, you can:
>> - add more usage examples for each public function
>> - add tread-safe example for multi-tread application
>> - add better signal description and add more external links
>> (for examle, to the wikipedia -
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signals_and_slots). Look at the
>> old std.signals - http://dlang.org/phobos/std_signals.html

Thanks!

Looks there are no real objections against the proposal but I am
rather concerned about general lack of activity during review. As
a compromise, what about putting it in "candidate" category
(http://code.dlang.org/?sort=updated&category=library.std_aspirant)
and making 1-2 month pause before proceeding to actual voting?
That will also fix minor issue of me being a bit busy and not
paying proper attention :)