D vs Go in real life

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Fri Nov 22 08:34:05 PST 2013

On Friday, 22 November 2013 at 16:24:25 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Friday, 22 November 2013 at 15:56:14 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> background of language designers.
>
> Which just reinforces my point. It is the language designer
> (creator) which dictates the result of the language. Being a
> corporation isn't what is going to drive it (much).

But being a corporation bars the community from influencing the
language design. It reinforces self-righteousness and tunnel
vision, committee thinking. And of course the language will go in
a direction that suits its application within the corporation
(web, gaming and the like). There are just too many things
attached to a language developed by a corporation, things that
have nothing to do with the language as such. (And don't forget
BIG EGOS, we tend to forget that language designers are human
beings with all their flaws and shortcomings).