D vs Go in real life

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 10:11:32 PST 2013

On Friday, 22 November 2013 at 16:34:06 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Friday, 22 November 2013 at 16:24:25 UTC, Jesse Phillips
> wrote:
>> On Friday, 22 November 2013 at 15:56:14 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>>> background of language designers.
>>
>> Which just reinforces my point. It is the language designer
>> (creator) which dictates the result of the language. Being a
>> corporation isn't what is going to drive it (much).
>
> But being a corporation bars the community from influencing the
> language design.

It doesn't, it is the creator which causes it. I think Go and C#
both prove that. Go has corporate backing, but it would be silly
to say the design is coming from Google and not the creators
(though they claim the community has influence in its direction).
C# is IMO a great language which I think is silly to claim had
anything but corporate interest driving it.