Package imports for phobos?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Nov 22 23:58:29 PST 2013

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 04:44:29PM +0900, Mike Parker wrote:
> On 11/23/2013 8:02 AM, Shammah Chancellor wrote:
> >Can we split things like range.d into a package module?  This should
> >not break code now, correct?   Range.d is already 8000 LOC and
> >presumably will grow as more ranges are added to phobos.
> >

> +1

I think splitting big Phobos modules up is pretty much a given. All it
takes is for somebody to submit a pull request to actually implement it.
(And survive the inevitable bikeshedding flamewar over the naming of the
submodules. But that's a given. :P)

Jonathan is already working on std.datetime, one of the Phobos
heavyweights; std.algorithm is the next big heavyweight for whoever
wishes to tackle it. Probably std.range is another heavyweight
candidate.

So, let's see the pull requests.

Verbing weirds language. -- Calvin (& Hobbes)