Why is it that no one writes with portability in mind in druntime?

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Sun Nov 24 08:15:25 PST 2013

Am Sun, 24 Nov 2013 10:34:36 -0500
schrieb Shammah Chancellor <anonymous at coward.com>:

> On 2013-11-24 11:38:25 +0000, Iain Buclaw said:
>
> > https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/663
>
> A link to pages of a pull extension for CTFE hashes.   Care to
> clarify?

A guess: Everything using floating point is probably assuming real is
80 bit. This and floating point unit tests always show up as the main
problems when porting druntime / phobos.

We have one type in D which has a different size depending on platform
and it's the number one source for platform-specific problems...

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/663/files#diff-d07f1a3835b1d391d103490da285999dR183