Need help making minimal bare metal ARM Cortex-M D program

Ellery Newcomer ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu
Sun Nov 24 09:35:57 PST 2013

On 11/24/2013 06:21 AM, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Am Sun, 24 Nov 2013 14:19:43 +0100
> schrieb "Mike" <none at none.com>:

>>> I know Johannes has some patches yet to trickle down into gdc.
>>> And druntime is does not support ARM fully in 2.063, but it
>>> would be helpful if you could take some time to let people know
>>> what went wrong when you tried things, rather than just giving
>>> up.  Otherwise, nothing will get fixed.
>
> Cortex-M is the 'bare metal' branch of ARM where you usually don't run
> linux so druntime won't work anyway. There are some compiler fixes in
> my branch that could be interesting though:
> https://github.com/jpf91/GDC/commits/arm
>
> BTW: I'll start merging back the fixes to gdc master this week. Some
> fixes have to be merged into phobos upstream though so it might take
> some time.

I actually tried to get a gdc build a week or two ago for a cortex-a8
using ng-crosstools-linaro. I managed to get up to compiling druntime,
which then was pointing to a commit prior to

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/commit/541e7ba00d5e75426bb677d7f7548a47a904551f

so it failed. Then I figured I'd wait for your fixes.