Should "std.net.curl" be moved from Phobos to Deimos?

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 21:44:03 PST 2013

I don't use curl (at this point), I use D on Debian and Windows.
I have had no issues with curl dependencies.

Reading the issues at hand it looks they all come from people
actually trying to use curl. It sounds like this suggest isn't a
solution but a means to clean ones hands of the problem.

I don't think I understand having to build dmd just because you
have a different distribution, Phobos maybe but dmd... Even for
Phobos I'm skeptical but am not going to install a different
distro to experiment myself.

If it is moved to a third party library, the problems will still
remain. If the Phobos team is expected to support it, then the
burden hasn't shifted either.