DMD can implicitly convert class pointer to the bool. Is it bug or terrible feature?

Chris Cain clcain at uncg.edu
Tue Nov 26 00:01:09 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 26 November 2013 at 07:34:26 UTC, ilya-stromberg
wrote:
> I repeat, sorry if I didn't explain idea properly, see:
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mydipbvhfjgvjybcyeyn@forum.dlang.org?page=6#post-sffdyogipcanorahdtte:40forum.dlang.org

Like Maxim explained, it's a breaking change to force it.
Unfortunately, that just can't be done. This is one of those
kinds of things that is self policing. If you really want to know
when something is global when you use it then use g prepended
before your global names. That's what a lot of people do to avoid
this type of issue.