std.complex

Shammah Chancellor anonymous at coward.com
Tue Nov 26 03:52:56 PST 2013

On 2013-11-26 01:02:12 +0000, Andrei Alexandrescu said:

> On 11/25/13 10:37 AM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
>> On 25/11/13 18:51, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> Doesn't sound all that bad to me. After all the built-in complex must
>>> be doing
>>> something similar. Of course if a separate imaginary type helps this
>>> and other
>>> cases, we should define it.
>>
>> Well, if you want it I'm happy to write the patch.  It's just I'm not
>> sure that what is happening with std.complex is actually wrong if it's
>> to be considered correct that 0 * inf = nan.
>
> If you got the blessing of some complex number expert, that would be great.
>
> Andrei

With any luck, I'll be working on my PhD in computational physics using
D toward the end of next year.    I'll definitely be giving feedback :)
 As of right now,  I have been out of the computational physics field
for too long to give good feedback.  I can't wait to make a version of
the concurrency library that works across machines :D