Should "std.net.curl" be moved from Phobos to Deimos?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Nov 26 11:56:23 PST 2013

On 2013-11-26 20:13, Brad Anderson wrote:

> If I remember correctly Walter didn't want to distribute in the dmd zip
> anything that wasn't boost licensed which is why curl on Windows comes
> as a separate download. zlib is a notable exception but I seem to recall
> Walter regretted including zlib.

The zip already contains tools which the source code isn't available.
Like "shell", "dumpobj" and "obj2asm". But I guess Walter, DigitalMars
or Symantec has created those.

> I can't remember off the top of my head if libcurl's license allows it
> to be statically linked with a boost licensed library but that would
> certainly simplify things for end users (but complicate the building of
> phobos a bit).

Walter contacted the author and asked about that, here's the post:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/i0dlde$59$1@digitalmars.com#post-i0eaoc:2410bs:241:40digitalmars.com

--
/Jacob Carlborg