Should "std.net.curl" be moved from Phobos to Deimos?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Nov 26 12:15:13 PST 2013

On 2013-11-26 21:10, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> OK, thanks. That seems like something approachable from our end. Is this
> a common approach among other language distributions, e.g. python, ruby,
> go, rust etc. etc? What is a list of platforms we need to support?

Yes, that's always the preferred choice to use dist specific packages if
available. Python and Ruby are available the system package manager in
all distributions, don't know about Go an Rust.

> I see. So we need more OSs in as many virtual machines. We need to start
> with a list. Looks like something we could dump on the build czar.
> Andrew, are you there? :o)

Yes, that's what we need. I think we can cover most of the distributions
with a Fedora based and a Debian based system.

--
/Jacob Carlborg