Should "std.net.curl" be moved from Phobos to Deimos?

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Tue Nov 26 13:18:57 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 26 November 2013 at 21:12:23 UTC, Andrea Fontana
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 November 2013 at 19:40:10 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
>
>> [...] and presumably quite a few people who do use
>> std.net.curl without troubles and don't know we plan to pull
>> the plug on it. [...]
>
> That's me! It works for me and my company.

It's worked fine for me as well.

I also don't quite see why the same backwards compatibility
requirements as for the rest of Phobos shouldn't apply here. If
libcurl is deemed to be an unacceptable dependency, then it
should be possible to provide an API-compatible reimplementation
for at least the parts not directly exposing the libcurl
interface.

David