Should "std.net.curl" be moved from Phobos to Deimos?

Andrea Fontana nospam at example.com
Wed Nov 27 00:45:35 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 27 November 2013 at 04:09:53 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 November 2013 at 01:30:26 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
>> A new interface is also on the table, but that brings the
>> additional burden of defining your own design. std.net.curl
>> has already been approved.
>
> Aye, but that'd be worth it. There's a few pieces we should get
> together:
>
> 1) a url module. My cgi.d has one that may be usable with a
> little testing:
> https://github.com/adamdruppe/misc-stuff-including-D-programming-language-web-stuff/blob/master/cgi.d#L2022

Should we consider interoperability with std.path too?

> 4) The http module. Offers simple functions (get(), post() that
> just work), a reusable client object, and advanced functions,
> all
> in sync and async versions.

I worked on http protocol, and I don't think that's will be a big
issue. Http client side is not so complex if you need a working
subset. I think we don't need gzip compression in first release,
for example.

> 9) Maybe my OAuth module's client code can be cleaned up and
> added too, as an add-on to the http functionality.

+1 for an oauth module. It would be very useful to work with
third party api (facebook, google, etc ...) and to write api too!
However I think it depends on http(s) module.