Is this a bug?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Nov 27 10:49:05 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 01:42:04PM -0500, Jerry wrote:
> "deadalnix" <deadalnix at gmail.com> writes:

> >> This is actually Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit.  The last mysterious crash I
> >> had was due to the use of gold vs ld.  It seems Debian and Ubuntu
> >> are the only ones using gold at the moment.
> >>
> >> I'm wondering if this problem is the same kind of thing.
> >>
> >> Jerry
> >
> > Yes, I faced quite a lot of trouble with gold and dmd. They simply
> > do not mix.
>
> Any suggestions for locating this bug?  GDB is useless.  It can't find
> the frame base.
[...]

I'm interested in the disassembly of the faulty executable. Maybe you
could run `objdump -D $program_name` and send me the output? I'm curious
to see what got messed up. (With your reduced test case, that is. The
disassembly of your actual program would be too unwieldy.)

If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one? -- Abraham Lincoln