Should "std.net.curl" be moved from Phobos to Deimos?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 11:10:25 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 27 November 2013 at 18:58:42 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> Wait, you mean with binaries and all?

Yeah, I like it the way it is too since I use the binaries too,
building windows programs from my linux box calling wine dmd. My
scripts currently assume the zip layout and it works pretty
beautifully.

I hate installers and package managers, the zip rox.

Though, I've said this before, but I could actually live with a
separate zip per platform if:

1) the folder layouts remains the same. So if I unzip
dmd-windows.zip, unzip dmd-linux.zip in the same place, it would
recreate the same directory layout we have now.

2) The Windows zip actually offers a compelling benefit: include
up-to-date .lib files and more complete Win32 bindings out of the
box!