Should "std.net.curl" be moved from Phobos to Deimos?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Wed Nov 27 12:46:09 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 27 November 2013 at 20:06:52 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2013-11-27 20:13, Dicebot wrote:
>
>> DVM is already broken if it relies on binaries present in .zip
>> We can't claim that we support things that we don't actually
>> support
>
> It works perfectly fine on Mac OS X and Windows. No need to
> break it on all platforms just because one platform is broken.
> I haven't had any problems on Linux either.

Distributing binaries for Mac and Windows is fine (though it is
much better to keep those separate archives and patch DVM
accordingly), this thread is about Linux ones. You did not have
any problems with it because Debian derivatives take major
percentage of users and you are likely to have one.