[Improvement] Forum's Interface on Mobile

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Nov 28 04:42:21 PST 2013

On 28/11/13 00:22, MattCoder wrote:
> Anybody besides me thinks that is hard to use this Forum on a mobile system?

Generally I find that reading is OK but writing posts is tricky -- mostly
because it's a PITA to select and cut quoted text using a small touchscreen device.

The main usability issue I encounter browsing on a phone screen is to do with
jumping forward/back in a thread.  Things would be much nicer if
first/previous/next/last thread page links were available at the top as well as
bottom of thread pages.  It's annoying having to scroll down all the way to find
them, particularly if there are a lot of long posts.

These problems reinforce each other a bit, because commenting via a touch device
makes one more likely to quote all of the previous post, which makes posts more
likely to be long, which means one has to scroll far more to navigate a thread,
which means it takes more time and so one is less likely to be patient and cut
unnecessary quoted text, which means ... etc.