Should "std.net.curl" be moved from Phobos to Deimos?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Thu Nov 28 06:51:43 PST 2013

On Thursday, 28 November 2013 at 07:36:09 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2013-11-27 21:46, Dicebot wrote:
>
>> Distributing binaries for Mac and Windows is fine (though it
>> is much
>> better to keep those separate archives and patch DVM
>> accordingly), this
>> thread is about Linux ones. You did not have any problems with
>> it
>> because Debian derivatives take major percentage of users and
>> you are
>> likely to have one.
>
> If we're removing the zip as it currently is, it's another prof
> that D isn't stable as it claims to be.
>
> And I repeat, why should we break for every platform when it's
> only one platform that is broken.

We can leave old .zip as-is just make it explicit that it is
legacy layout and only 100% expected to work on Debian-compatible
distros. I really don't care how it is distributed as I am using
git tag anyway - what I do care about are users having wrong
expectations when they come to download page.