Should "std.net.curl" be moved from Phobos to Deimos?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Thu Nov 28 08:12:09 PST 2013

On Thursday, 28 November 2013 at 15:59:12 UTC, Jordi Sayol wrote:
> We should then generate dmd packages for every distro release
> because they can fail between releases too.

Or just let specific distro package maintainers do their job.

> The only thing that breaks the current dmd zip system is
> libcurl dependency. All other thinks properly works on all
> Linux distros/releases.

Are you actually sure? _all_ stuff? _all_ distros? I doubt it.

> Should we change all this well working system due to a single
> problem with an external library dependency?

It is not working, it just happens to not work for a very tiny
user base which is more likely to workaround the issue by
building from source other than reporting it.

Really, I don't care what the solution is. You can leave current
archive as-is and close that Fedora issue as invalid, it is not
that important. Just stop pretending it is supported for all
platforms and that it can _possibly_ be supported for all
platforms.