GUI libraries

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Thu Nov 28 13:19:21 PST 2013

On Thursday, 28 November 2013 at 20:55:02 UTC, Xavier Bigand
wrote:
> Yep, that the goal, having applications with a real
> personality. I don't think it's an issue especially when
> application is full screen and respect pictographs (icons and
> texts) standards,...

It is easier (much much easier) but less desired path. I will
chose native look & feel over any possible "personality". To be
honest, personality is the very last thing I want from my
applications. They are best when I don't notice them.

True cross-platform is a myth. However, I can't imagine anyone
supporting full scale of popular native toolkits so it remains as
unfortunate compromise.