GUI libraries

Rikki Cattermole alphaglosined at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 19:48:06 PST 2013

On Thursday, 28 November 2013 at 12:13:42 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 November 2013 at 12:05:09 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
> wrote:
>> On 2013-11-28 11:12, Chris wrote:
>>
>>> +1 GtkD & Glade (UI builder) are very good
>>> (http://gtkd.org/). Hopefully
>>> one day we will have our own pure D GUI toolkit.
>>
>> DWT is a pure D GUI toolkit.
>
> What I meant was no bindings to native widgets or other
> toolkits. DWT (like SWT) uses the native widgets and needs an
> interface. I was thinking of a toolkit where everything is
> provided by D and done in D without any reference to native
> frameworks (Cocoa etc.).

DOOGLE[1] currently only depends on libfreetype2, (with Windows
as only target) Windows API and OpenGL. I would remove
libfreetype2 but.. its basically standard for font rasterization
cross platform wise.
I have designed it to have its interface abstracted away from the
implementation fully.

Its current state is well listed on my blog[2] it may not look
much now and not ready for production use, but definitely should
be said.

[1] https://github.com/rikkimax/doogle
[2]
http://alphaglosined.blogspot.com/2013/11/web-services-and-opengl-oh-my.html