D vs Go in real life

Bienlein jeti789 at web.de
Fri Nov 29 04:16:05 PST 2013

On Friday, 29 November 2013 at 12:06:17 UTC, Chris wrote:

> [1] Raises the question whether we've been conditioned by C or
> whether C was intuitive.

My theory is that Go is from the beginning intended to be a
modernized C. If I look at C from that perspective I can always
explain why things in Go are the way they are. The syntax is only
in part awkward as Go is in some ways inspired by Oberon.

But what suprises me is that with a language feature as simple as
delegates you can solve so many design problems that well. I
wonder whether this is a result of a lot of thought or only a
result of adding some language feature that frees you from having
to write myStruct1->field1->myStruct2->field2-> ...