Optlink and Avast

thedeemon dlang at thedeemon.com
Fri Nov 29 09:20:15 PST 2013

On Friday, 29 November 2013 at 03:58:59 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> Has anyone else hit with Avast recognising Optlink as a
> suspicious file since last update?

Since this spring I had issues when after linking my dmd-compiled
program with libjpeg the result was reported to have something
like
Gen:Trojan.Heur.GM.0444140020
by several different antiviruses, including BitDefender, Comodo
and F-Secure but not including Avast.
What's interesting, when scanning the app without libjpeg linked
in, it shows clean. When scanning libjpeg object file (which gets
linked) it is clean too. But when the two are linked together
antiviruses go mad.

Example of scan:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/808b46ee5cf568190b6075e39194b4442c0c3c36525d145ea546c2a3199265d8/analysis/1385745220/

Original file: