Need help making minimal bare metal ARM Cortex-M D program

Mike none at none.com
Sat Nov 30 21:23:13 PST 2013

On Sunday, 24 November 2013 at 18:38:19 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Am Sun, 24 Nov 2013 18:18:22 +0100
> schrieb "jerro" <a at a.com>:
>
>> It seems languages other than C are disabled for bare metal
>> builds. You could try searching for cc.ini in your
>> crosstool-ng installation and commenting out the line
>>
>> if ! BARE_METAL
>>
>> and
>>
>> endif # ! BARE_METAL
>>

> Good to know. I'll prepare a patch
> ( I'm currently implementing cross-native builds for
> crosstool-NG
> anyway)

Just tried again with crosstools-ng 1.19.0.  I commented out the
appropriate lines in my cc.ini file, but the build failed with...

" The following requested languages could not be built: d "

... in the build.log file.

Also, the instructions here
(http://gdcproject.org/wiki/Cross%20Compiler/crosstool-NG) say:

"If druntime & phobos do not yet compile for your target you can
disable them:

Start ct-ng menuconfig, go to "C compiler" and add
"--disable-libphobos" to "Core gcc extra config" and "gcc extra
config". "

While the "Core gcc extra config" option exists, "gcc extra
config" does not.

The quest continues...