[RFC] - mysql-native rewrite

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Oct 1 00:48:10 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-30 20:14, simendsjo wrote:

> I don't agree that this library should aim for any inclusion in phobos.
> I plan on exposing the MySQL API as closely as possible and a couple of
> higher level convenience functions. The std.database would have to be
> database agnostic, and should be a library interfacing to mysql-native,
> postgres etc.

Yes, std.database should be database agnostic. But that doesn't mean we
can't include one or a couple of database adapters. For example, Ruby on
Rails contains a couple of database adapters, but not for all databases.
It has no adapter for SQL Server, for that you need a separate gem/plugin.

An adapter for MySQL would probably be good to include. Even better, an
adapter for SQLite. Perhaps we can include the whole SQLite source code,
since it's public domain.

--
/Jacob Carlborg