Can we please kill the hyphenator already?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Oct 1 10:03:23 PDT 2013

On 9/30/13 11:59 PM, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
> On Monday, 30 September 2013 at 03:24:53 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> I don't think so. IIRC, it's just Andrei and Walter who have
>> permissions to do
>> that, and it only normally happens when there's a release.
>> Occasionally Andrei
>> will update it after certain pulls, but since he didn't merge this
>> one, he
>> didn't update the site afterwards (and AFAIK, he hasn't updated the
>> site for
>> any other pulls).
>>
>> - Jonathan M Davis
>
> This lack of structure has always bugged me. I think we should push
> changes to master immediately (i.e. automatically), then reserve a new
> branch "next" for changes that should not go live before the next release.

I've wanted to do this for a while (and got partly to it in the form of
/phobos/ vs. /phobos-prerelease/) but didn't have the time to better
formalize the structure beyond that.

This is a volunteer project. Many good things started because something
bugged someone enough to do something about it. Hint, hint :o).

Andrei