Can we please kill the hyphenator already?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Oct 2 10:43:06 PDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 07:30:07PM +0200, Dicebot wrote:
> Actually, now that this topic has risen up again, I tend to agree
> with it. Such comment system is very difficult to control to provide
> good user experience. Its anarchic nature may fit well chaotic
> design of PHP (lack of one to be precise :P) but D really requires
> more systematic explanations.

What about having all comments held in a moderation queue and reviewed
by community members before they appear on the page?

Though, of course, that also has the problem of who would review these
comments, since we're all already so busy.

I'm not necessarily voting for a comment system on dlang.org -- I do
agree that if there are any issues with the docs, the docs themselves
should be fixed, not left bit-rotting only to be "corrected" by attached
comments -- but the last time this came up, it seemed a pretty popular
idea, so we should consider if it's possible to implement it in a
beneficial way.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section
in a swimming pool. -- Edward Burr