std.d.lexer : voting thread

Brian Schott briancschott at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 12:47:27 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 3 October 2013 at 19:07:03 UTC, nazriel wrote:
> (Btw, someone got benchmarks of std.d.lexer?
> I remember that Brain was benchmarking his module quite a lot
> in order to catch up with DMD's lexer but I can't find links in
> IRC logs. I wonder if he achieved his goal in this regard)

The most recent set of timings that I have can be found here:
https://raw.github.com/Hackerpilot/hackerpilot.github.com/master/experimental/std_lexer/images/times4.png

They're a bit old at this point, but not much has changed in the
lexer internals. I can try running another set of benchmarks
soon. (The hardest part is hacking DMD to just do the lexing)

The times on the X-axis are milliseconds.