review queue: next?

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 15:23:41 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 3 October 2013 at 14:43:55 UTC, ilya-stromberg wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 October 2013 at 14:23:42 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Thursday, 3 October 2013 at 14:13:58 UTC, ilya-stromberg
>> wrote:
>>> What happens if I vote "Yes with condition", but module
>>> developer will not satisfy the condition? My vote will be
>>> calculated as "No", as "Yes", or will not calculated at all?
>>> In which term module developer should satisfy the condition
>>> if he wants to do this? Before merge pull request to the
>>> Phobos?
>>
>> Initially it will be counted as "No" vote. Then, if clear
>> "Yes" vote count is not enough to get the module into Phobos,
>> "Yes, but" votes will be evaluated. If those can make the
>> difference, module author will be given the opportunity to
>> satisfy the condition(s) and turn this vote into clear "Yes"
>> without any additional formal review and/or voting. If those
>> do not make the difference, proposal is simply marked as
>> rejected.
>
> OK, I see.
> How many conditions I can add? Only one, a few related (for
> example, documentation issues), or unlimited?

The goal is to make it as quick as possible to get the submission
into Phobos. If there is one item which you consider strong about
should prevent the inclusion then it allows the Review Manager to
switch your vote to a yes when that is resolved. But it also has
the benefit that the maintainer could put it at the top of his
list of improvements even if it is accepted.

If you have more than one, tracking the state of the vote is too
challenging. Similarly if it is not specific than there is no way
for a Review Manager can't judge when it matches your opinion.

You could say something like "Yes if Documentation is improved
by, changing ___ and ___. This is a blocker."

Note you could list hundreds of conditions, but the Review
Manager can choose to (and recommended to) just take that as No
and the maintainer would have no obligation to response.