ctrl+c and destructors

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Oct 3 23:46:24 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-04 02:08, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> Reminds me of a GUI app I tried years ago, that suffered from some kind
> of memory corruption bug. Every now and then it would segfault due to
> hitting the corruption... one time, it *didn't* segfault, but continued
> merrily on and corrupted all of my data -- worth many hours of work --
> all without showing any signs of problems, and then out of habit I saved
> the file I was working on, and it barged ahead and wrote garbage all
> over my last good copy of the data. :-(

I have had the same experience. We had to use an application in school
that was notorious to crash and corrupt your files. I kept ten different
save files, cycled through them when I saved. When it did crash it
corrupt not just the file I was working on but five other of my ten save
files. Of course, these we're the five latest files and the other were
too old. That really sucked.

--
/Jacob Carlborg