Official stdx

Robert Schadek realburner at gmx.de
Sat Oct 5 09:47:59 PDT 2013

On 10/04/2013 12:02 PM, John Colvin wrote:
> Adding new (or replacement) phobos modules without wider testing is
> not a scalable approach for D.
> New modules go from unofficial to official in a single step and are
> therefore inadequately battle-tested before becoming part of the
> somewhat ossified environment of a standard library.

I don't think that this is a good idea. Just consider linux pre and post
2.6. Pre, the % 2 == 1 branches took forever and now they have more
changes than ever and put out multiple release per year (I know we're
not linux, yet). I also would consider stdx as some sort of dead end for
code, like "it's ok, but not phobos worthy".