etc vs. package mangers

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 6 14:32:17 PDT 2013

> On 10/6/13 10:10 AM, David Nadlinger wrote:
>> On Sunday, 6 October 2013 at 17:08:25 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
>>> isn't this really what has just been discussed under the proposed name
>>> of stdx?
>>>
>>> ... and if so, why isn't it being used?
>>
>> This is exactly why I'm not too thrilled to make another attempt at
>> establishing something like that. ;)
>
> We could improve things on our end by featuring etc documentation more prominently etc. I don't
> think there's a need to reboot things with stdx. Just improve etc.
>
> Andrei

I'm largely staying out of this conversation, but there's one area that I think is pretty important,
speed of development.

By having a less official, more readily committable to, repository it stands to reason that it'll
evolve faster and fluidly than the phobos code base docs or should.  Some of it is just that phobos
pull requests lanquish too long, but that's not ALL it is.  The bar should be different, not that
phobos' bar should be lower.

My 2 cents,
Brad