Rectangular multidimensional arrays for D

Denis Shelomovskij verylonglogin.reg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 07:42:12 PDT 2013

I accidentally discovered Andrei wrote [1] multidimensional array
implementation is needed. If it really is, I will work to revise the API
and prepare my implementation [2] for review if nobody is doing it already.

Also as Kenji's "multidimensional indexing and slicing" pull [3] still
not merged the only way is to use hacks like this:
---
// first two rows and three columns of the second matrix
array2d = matrices[1, R[0 .. 2], R[0 .. 3]];
---

[1] http://forum.dlang.org/post/kivkp0$csp$1@digitalmars.com
[2]
http://denis-sh.bitbucket.org/unstandard/unstd.multidimensionalarray.html
[3] https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/443

--- Previous related topics ---

At least the ones I participated in:

* October 09, 2011: Kenji Hara proposes "Matrix-type-friendly syntax and
more". His dmd pull #443 still isn't merged.
     http://forum.dlang.org/thread/j6sp68$2a7k$1@digitalmars.com
     https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/443

* October 25, 2011: Original "Multidimensional arrays for D" post. No
response from Phobos developers.
     http://forum.dlang.org/thread/j864es$2gi0$1@digitalmars.com

* June 17, 2012: A request for "template that can simulate a rectangular
array".
     http://forum.dlang.org/thread

* June 30, 2012: A request for "fixed size multidimensional array at
runtime".
     http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ldjzfqvnjltbbiovqdmy@forum.dlang.org

--
Денис В. Шеломовский