The "no gc" crowd

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Wed Oct 9 07:11:45 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 9 October 2013 at 13:57:03 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:
> They aren't opt-out for really any reasonable project though,
> because code is reused and those people may want at least the
> standard attributes to be set. Personally, the array of
> attributes that can be applied to a D function is one of my
> biggest pet peeves with the language. It gains me nothing
> personally, and adds a lot of extra thought to the process of
> writing a function.

This is exactly what I was speaking about. It would have been
much more easy if stuff was `pure @safe immutable nothrow` by
default and one added `dirty @system mutable throw` on per-need
basis after getting compiler error. But that is too late to
change and this attribute inference may be only reasonable option.