The "no gc" crowd

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 13:30:05 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 9 October 2013 at 20:10:40 UTC, Justin Whear wrote:
> Related to the latter, it would be really nice to be able to
> prove that a section of code makes no heap allocations/GC
> collections.

As a quick temporary thing, how about gc_throw_on_next(); ?

That'd just set a thread local flag that gc_malloc checks and if
it is set, immediately resets it and throws an AllocAssertError.
My thought is this could be quickly and easily implemented
pending a better solution and in the mean time can be used in
unit tests to help check this stuff.