Voting/Scoring and final decision discussion

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 20:14:26 PDT 2013

There is little documentation on how to handle the situation the
Review Manager is currently facing. I would like to open this
discussion to point out why, and to poll for if we should have
any.

The reason is that our process comes from the the Boost review,
and there is no such definition[1].

The way we have it makes it appear that the module is accepted as
a majority vote. However that isn't the intention of the Boost
process. The Review Manager wields a lot of power during the vote
tally. The key line in our documentation:

"Tallies votes and decides if there is consensus to accept the
library and under what conditions."

The Review Manager is trying to judge based on the input how well
this library fits with the goals of Phobos and the D community.
That doesn't mean a landslide victory is needed.

So with that I, and probably Dicebot, would like to hear feedback.

Dicebot, consider what information may help make your decision.
Would yes votes including positive feedback help (it is easier to
side with those providing an argument)?

1. http://www.boost.org/community/reviews.html#Introduction
"The final "accept" or "reject" decision is made by the Review
Manager, based on the review comments received from boost mailing
list members."

Boost doesn't do a review then vote separation.