Voting/Scoring and final decision discussion

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Oct 10 22:52:48 PDT 2013

On Thursday, October 10, 2013 13:57:36 Dicebot wrote:
> It is pretty clear though that this voting has shown certain weak
> spot in out adoption process for more controversial proposals.
> Once person (review manager) simply should not have that much
> decision power in such situation.

I agree. I don' think that it makes any sense for the review manager to have
the final say if it's questionable whether the module should be included. That
essentially reduces the vote down to one person if the vote isn't clear.
Rather, I think that it should be clear that the consensus is for inclusion
before a module can be included. IMHO, if it's at all unclear, the vote should
fail. And if that means that controversial stuff doesn't make it in, then it
doesn't make it in. Better that then put subpar modules into Phobos.

- Jonathan M Davis