The "no gc" crowd

Leandro Lucarella leandro.lucarella at sociomantic.com
Fri Oct 11 02:56:08 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 9 October 2013 at 09:01:12 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 10/9/2013 1:59 AM, JR wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 9 October 2013 at 02:22:35 UTC, Andrei
>> Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> * Get Robert Schadek's precise GC in. Walter and I have
>>> become 101% convinced
>>> a precise GC is the one way to go about GC.
>>
>> An orthogonal question, but is Lucarella's CDGC (still) being
>> ported? There's
>> nothing mutually exclusive between a precise and a concurrent
>> gc, no?
>
> I thought that got stuck on the problem that the linux system
> libraries had some sort of threading problem with them.

This is not really what's stopping the porting, is a problem, but
an independent one. My idea was to port the GC as it is in Tango,
and then see how to overcome its limitations.

The problem is it's very hard for me to dedicate time to this
porting effort. The decision to make the port happen is there, I
just how to figure out how and when. I'll keep you posted when I
have news.