std.linalg

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Oct 11 16:17:46 PDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 04:13:41PM -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 10/11/13 3:42 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 12:36:08AM +0200, deadalnix wrote:
> >>First thing. I see std.linarg I have no clue whatsoever what it even
> >>may be about. Do we really want to have a standard lib with names
> >>that look like base64 encoded ?
> >
> >I picked it up immediately. It's an obvious abbreviation of "linear
> >algebra".
>
> Honestly I first thought it was "linear-time algorithms".
[...]

But I thought that was the province of std.algorithm?

BTW, are we going to split up std.algorithm anytime soon, now that we
have package.d? Jonathan is already working on splitting up std.datetime
into more manageable pieces, and it would be nice if std.algorithm can
be broken up into saner pieces too. (The last time I brought it up a few
people supported it, but I haven't had the time to do anything about it
so far.)

The easy way is the wrong way, and the hard way is the stupid way. Pick one.