Qt bindings for D

Abdulhaq alynch4047 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 09:29:26 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 13 October 2013 at 16:05:24 UTC, Elvis Zhou wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 October 2013 at 14:22:05 UTC, Abdulhaq wrote:

>>> Is it Qt5 compatible?
>>
>> I'd hope so, barring a few tweaks, but due to time constraints
>> I haven't made any attempt at that yet. It certainly hasn't
>> got any of the QML stuff though.
>>
>> The wrapper works by declaring classes and methods to be
>> wrapped in XML files, so any new classes introduced in 4.9+
>> wil not be present.
>
> It will gain more attention if targeting Qt5 IMHO.

Agreed but that is a much bigger task than getting qtd/4.8 going
well. As a long time Qt developer I'm very happy with 4.8 as a
very classy cross-platform GUI, and having it as a solid option
would make D a very interesting language for me - I don't need
the convenience of the declarative option, or the mobile API. I'd
really like to get VTK visualisation toolkit going too, but I
guess than can wait for the Xmas hols :-)